The House Financial Services Committee is sending a massive Wall Street reform bill to the House floor next week: "The Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2009" (here's a link to a PDF of the bill).
The bill is a bundle of the different pieces of reform that were passed separately out of committee. The six major pieces and pertinent subsections are:
- Financial Stability Improvement Act
- The Financial Services Oversight Council
- Prudential Regulation of Companies and Activities for Financial
- Improvements to Supervision and Regulation of Federal
- Further Improvements to the Regulation of Bank Holding
Companies and Depository Institutions
- Improvements to the Federal Deposit Insurance Fund
- Improvements to the Asset-backed Securitization Process
- Enhanced Dissolution Authority
- Additional Improvements for Financial Crisis Management
Subscribe Here No Agenda News - Your daily source for the news that matters.