Alt-Coin Trader

Must see: John Coleman’s Global Warming Special #2 – now online at YouTube

 Watts Up With That? 


I'm proud to be a part of this second one hour long special report done by KUSI-TV and veteran TV meteorologist John Coleman. John is, in my opinion, the "Walter Cronkite of television weather". His demeanor, humor, and delivery is reminiscent of that extraordinary television journalist.



I traveled to San Diego last week to tape my segment, and while I was there, I asked a few people I met at the TV station and at a restaurant what they thought about the first special last month. I was surprised to learn that the positive supporting comments far outnumbered the negative ones.
I also learned that the first special in January gave the station its highest rating ever for a one hour news report, so it is no surprise that they'd want to repeat that success. On a personal note, my entire taped presentation is not included here, and was edited for time. The end part where I refute NCDC didn't make the final cut, perhaps the producer thought it too technical due to the graph of TOBS, FILNET, and RAW data that I used to show that NCDC's claims about a cooling trend in poorly sited station doesn't hold up.  However, KUSI will make all the taped interviews available in their entirety, and I'll post links to them when they are available for all to see. I should note that I don't agree with the broad statement made in the video that "CO2 has no effect". It does, but the magnitude of the direct effect and the feedback effects is disputed.
Read More